Friday, November 23, 2007

I Love Collage Tarot





Ever since I saw Nik Douglas and Penny Slinger's "Secret Dakini Oracle Deck" I've had a penchant for divination cards (and anything else) done in collage. I really love Dada and Surrealist collage. Years ago my friends, The Ladies Benevolent Friendly Society, and I used to sit around making collage Tarot trumps on Friday nights, but these ones pictured here are from a later period, although still quite a few years ago from now. My pal Bill reminded me about Salvador Dali's collage Tarot, and I recalled that I actually own it - thanks for Louise's brother who got it in Spain - so now have dusted it off and am about to look over them again. Then of course there's the very glam "Voyager" Tarot that are also collage, very slick - I don't own them, but used to sort of gaze at them when I worked at Nigel Cooper's Tarot shop in St Kilda, "Mythical Moon". Bloody hell, today has been such a day of remembering stuff...

1 comment:

Universal Singularity said...

Hi,

My friend was telling me about her amazing Secret Dakini deck and while looking it up, I stumbled upon your blog. If you haven't heard of it, The Zerner Farber Tarot Deck is a beautiful collage tarot deck. I believe it is fabric collage, victorian and gorgeous. Very interesting blog. Merry meet.