Tuesday, February 9, 2021

I'm a Capricorn, right? More on the Precession of the Equinoxes

 


The subject of the precession of the equinoxes and the subsequent non-alignment of the Tropical Zodiac with the Sidereal Zodiac is a topic that I am perpetually interested in. I have written about it previously here. Yes, I would say that Tropical Zodiac astrology is physically inaccurate in regards to the actual constellations. People say "Oh, well it's not about the constellations" its about dividing the sky into 12 portions and aligning them with the seasons (Tropical Zodiac), but it isn't, otherwise it'd be called 'seasonology' rather than ASTROlogy. The Tropical Zodiac is 23 degrees 'out' from the Sidereal Zodiac - the actual positions of the stars. I personnaly cannot understand why western astrologers persist with the tropical Zodiac, except that it is _so ingrained_ in our history that they just can't give it up and keep making excuses for why it is innaccurate. Yes, about 2000+ years ago the Tropical and Sidereal Zodiacs aligned, and they would still if people bothered to pay attention, as it is, the Tropical Zodiac is now only a conceptual system. The equinoctal point moves backwards through the Zodiac at the rate of about 1 degree every 72 years. Now, the positions of planets in Houses and their Aspects, their relation to each other, doesn't change, it is accurate, the thing that is not accurate is the Signs they are in. They are all 'out' by 23 degrees, you need to move their positions backwards 23 degrees. So, for example, my sun is 23 degrees Capricorn according to the Tropical Zodiac, but according to the Sidereal zodiac, it is 1 degree Capricorn. This also makes what people are calling "The Age of Aquarius" utterly inaccurate, we are still within the tail of one of the Pisces fishes, apparently the equinox won't be moving into Aquarius until something like 2600. I get really tired talking about this because people just are so wrapped up in Tropical astrology that they simply don't believe you. I have a Certificate in Natal Astrology and have studied Astrology for years, I'm not simply making this up to be annoying. Plus yes, the signs in the sky are upside down in the southern hemisphere as well as occurring in the opposite signs to that in the northern hemisphere. I believe the meanings of the signs were characterised to an extent by the season in which they occurred and so their characteristics, I believe, are inaccurate in the southern hemisphere. To be accurate, one would first, move the degree back 23 degrees, and then flip the meaning of the sign, so really I'd be 1 degree Cancer instead of 1 degree Capricorn. I think if Tropical astrologers actually looked into this they'd agree with me. And now I await the shouting...

Image by Malte Mueller.


No comments: