Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Books, BOOKS, and MORE BOOKS !!!







When I first got a blog I'd just missed a blogging trend where people had posted photos of their piles of books onto their blogs. I really wanted to do it too, but I think I must not have had a digital camera at that stage or something. I was recently reminded of these pics of books, while looking through some year-old photos - they actually date to 2009. So I thought I'd post 'em up here. I love books, I now have some new bookshelves in my 'office' - yay! - but before that some of my books (as you can see in these photos) were stacked up in the most messy and crazy way... on the floor, on a desk... But now they are in bookshelves. All the other books in the domus are in bookshelves, starting with the blue bookshelf in the last pic that I got for only $20 from some student in the next street - bargain. Then all down the hall, into the lounge room, bookshelves everywhere. I'll leave those pics for another day (primarily because I haven't actually taken them yet). Can one actually have too many books? I don't think so. I do think I need a new house to put them in though. I'm thinking the 'white cube' look might be good, like an art gallery, with books lining all the walls. My ‘office’ is also somewhat re-arranged now too. The desk is under the fresco paintings calendar now, and in the corner are my bewdiful Officeworks bookshelves. (Despite the many bookshelves in this domus, we really could still do with more…).

4 comments:

Thalia said...

Oooh Roman Religion and the Cult of Diana at Aricia ooooh soo jealous.

Though, I did actually just plunk down an obscene (for me) hunk of cash for The Red Book. It's on its way to me right now...

Caroline Tully said...

That Roman Religion and the Cult of Diana at Aricia is *really good* and very important for anyone interested in modern Wicca, as well as Stregheria, as they both claim to be related to Arician Diana. I actually met the author, Caron Green, in Rome last year at a conference on ancient Roman religions. I'm not sure that she was too interested in modern Paganisms - in fact I'm sure she is not, but modern Paganisms, especially those of a reconstructionist bent, do use the work of academic scholars - so at least we are interested in them.

Unknown said...

My place looks more and more like this every time a get a burst of extra cash, lol!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Caroline. I always feel a little sad when I visit people if they don't have books. Books are the soul of a house and I mean BOOKS and not a kindle. Thank goodness for BILLY. He saved our sanity in our little brick house. xx